The T-Cell information breach retains getting worse as an replace to their investigation now reveals that cyberattack uncovered over 54 million people’ information.
Final weekend, a risk actor started selling the personal information of 100 million T-Mobile customers on a hacking discussion board for six bitcoin (~$280K).
The hacker stated that the stolen database incorporates the info for roughly 100 million T-Cell prospects. The uncovered information can embrace prospects’ IMSI, IMEI, cellphone numbers, buyer names, safety PINs, Social Safety numbers, driver’s license numbers, and date of delivery.
The hackers stated the database was stolen roughly two weeks in the past and incorporates buyer information from way back to 2004.
“Their total IMEI historical past database going again to 2004 was stolen,” the hacker informed BleepingComputer.
T-Cell later confirmed that some of its servers were hacked and commenced investigating what buyer information was uncovered.
Affected T-Cell prospects hold growing
On August seventeenth, T-Cell first disclosed a abstract of their investigation into their hacked servers and stated that the non-public data of 48.6 million individuals was exposed during the attack.
In the present day, T-Cell has updated its advisory to incorporate a further 6 million prospects or potential prospects affected by the assault.
Moreover, T-Cell has confirmed our authentic reporting on this assault that the attackers additionally stole IMSI and IMEI numbers.
Because it stands right now, the assault affected 54.6 million people, which is damaged down beneath.
- 13.1 million present T-Cell postpaid buyer accounts that included first and final names, date of delivery, SSN, and driver’s license/ID data.
- 40 million former or potential T-Cell prospects, together with first and final names, date of delivery, SSN, and driver’s license/ID data.
- 667,000 accounts of former T- Cell prospects exposing buyer names, cellphone numbers, addresses and dates of delivery compromised.
- 850,000 lively T-Cell pay as you go buyer names, cellphone numbers and account PINs have been uncovered.
- 52,000 names associated to present Metro by T-Cell accounts might have been included.
T-Cell continues to see no signal of cost data or monetary data uncovered throughout the assault.
We are going to probably proceed to see the variety of uncovered prospects enhance within the coming weeks.
It’s suggested that each one T-Cell prospects assume that their information was uncovered and be looking out for focused phishing emails and SMS texts.
If any are obtained, don’t click on any hyperlinks embedded within the messages as risk actors might use them to reap credentials from unsuspecting T-Cell prospects.