Microsoft has launched the non-obligatory KB5003214 Preview cumulative replace for Home windows 10 2004, Home windows 10 20H2, and Home windows 10 21H1.
This cumulative replace is a part of Microsoft’s Might 2021 month-to-month “C” replace, permitting customers to preview the upcoming updates and fixes scheduled for the forthcoming June 2021 Patch Tuesday.
It is usually the primary cumulative replace launched for Home windows 10 21H1, which was released last week.
In contrast to updates launched on Patch Tuesday, the preview updates solely include bug fixes, efficiency enhancements and don’t embrace any safety updates.
Home windows customers can set up this replace by going into Settings, clicking on Home windows Replace, and choosing ‘Verify for Updates.’ As that is an non-obligatory replace, you may be prompted to click on on the obtain and set up button earlier than Home windows 10 will set up the replace.
Home windows 10 customers may also obtain and manually set up the KB5003214 replace from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
What’s new in Home windows 10 KB5003214
After putting in this replace, Home windows 10 2004 will probably be up to date to construct 19041.1013, Home windows 10 20H2 will probably be up to date to construct 19042.1013, and Home windows 10 21H1 will probably be up to date to construct 19043.1013.
The Home windows 10 KB5003214 cumulative replace preview consists of 35 enhancements or fixes, with the highlighted ones listed beneath:
- We mounted a difficulty that forestalls sure Win32 apps from opening when utilizing the runas command.
- We mounted a difficulty that shows progressive net software (PWA) icons as clean whenever you pin them to the taskbar.
- We mounted a reminiscence leak in ctfmon.exe that happens whenever you refresh an software that has an editable field.
- We mounted a difficulty which may show gadgets on the desktop after you’ve got deleted them from the desktop.
- We mounted an error which may trigger video playback to fail whenever you swap from an exterior high-dynamic-range (HDR) show to a built-in non-HDR show.
- We mounted a difficulty with noise whenever you allow spatial audio and use Bluetooth USB headphones.
- We added assist for the .hif file extension for Excessive Effectivity Picture File (HEIF) pictures.
- We mounted a difficulty with the PerfMon API which may trigger deal with leaks, which sluggish efficiency.
- We mounted a difficulty that forestalls customers from receiving geographic location data even when all of the geolocation UI settings are enabled accurately, and the system comprises a location sensor.
- We mounted a difficulty with the Magnifier that causes the mouse pointer to leap across the display screen whenever you transfer the mouse.
Yow will discover a whole listing of improves and fixes and detailed explanations of the identified points within the KB5003214 support bulletin.